It is our great pleasure to announce the 5th Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries International Conference (QQML2013)at 4 - 7 June 2013, “La Sapienza” University, Rome Italy:
Since 2009 QQML has provided an excellent framework for the presentation of new trends and developments in every aspect of Library and Information Science, Technology, Applications and Research.
The 5th QQML2013 was scheduled during the previous 4th QQML2012 Conference. It was also decided that the 6th QQML 2014 International Conference will be organized in Istanbul, Turkey.
QQML2009, QQML2010, QQML2011 and QQML2012 were successful events both from the number and quality of the presentations and from the post conference publications in Journals and Books.
QQML2013 will continue and expand the related topics.
Papers are invited for this international conference. The conference will consider, but not be limited to, the following indicative themes:
1. Bibliographic Control
2. Bibliometric Research
3. Change of Libraries and Managerial techniques
4. Changes in Learning, Research and Information needs and Behaviour of Users
5. Climate Change Data
6. Communication Strategies
7. Data Analysis and Data Mining
8. Development and Assessment of Digital Repositories
9. Development of Information and Knowledge Services on the Public Library
10. Digital Libraries
11. Economic Co-operation and Development
12. Energy Data and Information
13. Environmental Assessment
14. Financial strength and sustainability
15. Health information services
16. Historical and Comparative case studies related to Librarianship
17. Information and Data on various aspects of Food and Agriculture
18. Information and Knowledge Services
19. Information Literacy: Information sharing, Democracy and Lifelong Learning
20. Library Cooperation: Problems and Challenges at the beginning of the 21st century
21. Library change and Technology
24. Museums, Libraries and Cultural Organizations
25. Music Librarianship
26. Performance Measurement and Competitiveness
28. Quality evaluation and promotion of info
29. Technology & Innovations in Libraries and their Impact on Learning, Research and Users
30. Technology transfer and Innovation in Library management
Special Sessions – Workshops
You may send proposals for Special Sessions (4-6 papers) or Workshops (more than 2 sessions) including the title and a brief description at: email@example.com or from the electronic submission at the web page: http://www.isast.org/abstractregistration.html
You may also send Abstracts/Papers to be included in the following sessions, to new sessions or as contributed papers at the web page: http://www.isast.org/abstractregistration.html
Contributions may be realized through one of the following ways
a. structured abstracts (not exceeding 500 words) and presentation;
b. full papers (not exceeding 7,000 words);
c. posters (not exceeding 2,500 words);
d. visual presentations (Pecha kucha). These presentations consist of exactly 20 slides, each of which is displayed for 20 seconds. Total presentation time is precisely 6 minutes 40 seconds and so it is important to use the transition feature in PowerPoint to time your presentation exactly.
In all the above cases at least one of the authors ought to be registered in the conference. Abstracts and full papers should be submitted electronically within the timetable provided in the web page: http://www.isast.org/importantdates.html
The abstracts and full papers should be in compliance to the author guidelines: http://www.isast.org/abstractregistration.html
All abstracts will be published in the Conference Book of Abstracts and in the website of the Conference. The papers of the conference will be published in the website of the conference, after the permission of the author(s).
Professors and Supervisors are encouraged to organize conference sessions of Postgraduate theses and dissertations.
Please direct any questions regarding the QQML 2013 Conference and Student Research Presentations to: the secretariat of the conference at: firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of the Conference Committee
Dr. Anthi Katsirikou, Conference Co-Chair
University of Piraeus Library Director
Head, European Documentation Center
Board Member of the Greek Association of Librarians and Information Professionals
Professor Carla Basili, Local Co-Chair
EnIL - The European network on Information Literacy, co-ordinator
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
Istituto di Ricerca sull'Impresa e lo Sviluppo sede di Roma
via dei Taurini, 19 - 00185 Roma, Italy