2012-07-02

Η απάντηση της Amelia Andersdotter, σχετικά με την ACTA

Dear Afroditi,
thank you very much for your message. As rapporteur in the ITRE committee, I was able to convince my colleagues to follow my recommendation to reject ACTA in ITRE. In my role as shadow rapporteur in the INTA committee, I had the chance to present the manifold objections to ACTA to the members of the committee.

Now that all committees have agreed that ACTA is a threat to human rights, is legally unsound and failed to include legislators and the public in the negotiation process, I will continue to campaign for the European Parliament to assume its political responsibility to its citizens and reject ACTA, without first referring it to the European Court of Justice.
The first episode of my webcast deals with my work against ACTA:
http://youtu.be/hd6zyZc7Dd4 Feel free to spread it around and check back for new episodes to stay on track of what's happening in the European Parliament.
I would like to give my thanks to you and all other activists who speak up against ACTA. Without the overwhelming protest from the internet and from the streets, ACTA would not have gotten the necessary attention to facilitate an honest debate about its ramifications. People like you, who keep up the pressure against ACTA and make use of their right to contact their elected representatives, can not be thanked enough, as you don't rely upon ACTA being defeated after the successful votes in the committees. Only after ACTA's final rejection in the plenary can we afford to celebrate.
Thank you very much for your support and keep up the good work,
MEP Amelia Andersdotter

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: